Monday, February 27, 2012

Ashes of a Phoenix

I have absolutely no idea what the inspiration for this piece was. It is probably the darkest I've written, and although it comes off as completely emo, I wasn't an emo kid - really!

I do appreciate the structure though, which is part of the reason why I'm deciding to post it. Also to permit freedom of interpretation (because I'm still trying to figure it out myself!)

-----

Charred bodies lie in every direction
Charcoal and ash inflames the nostrils,
Dries up the lungs

Death and Destruction cater to thee
Tis your hospitality for eternity

Look no further for all that you'll see
is fire and brimstone and that's all that'll ever be

Smoke rises and never stops
neither do the screams of lost souls
meeting their second death

Agony and suffering like nothing ever
And a thirst that an ocean will not quench



What does it mean?! circa. 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment