Thursday, January 6, 2011

Driving Lessons

I love driving, but I dislike parking. The solution? Road trip!

When practicing for your driver's license, you're always told to have confidence behind the wheel. A confident driver is a sure driver (or safe driver?). Driving around my lovely hometown I discovered that driving actually builds confidence in and of itself. And I don't mean simply by the continuity of practice. I mean sitting in the driver's seat, gripping the wheel with your gloves, and staring into the open road.

Perhaps it has more to do when you have another individual riding with you. All of a sudden you are responsible for another life; you are entrusted to ensure everything you can do to protect them and keep them safe you do do (heh). What other instances do we things for the fun of it, but then when it involves other people we take the more cautious approach? And when you arrive to your destination, you're proud of the journey. Until you park. I really need to work on parking.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I'm not so good at driving OR parking. Unfortunately, it seems like the more driving I do, the more scrapes I get into!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost two years later, I still need to work on parking ;)

      Delete