Friday, August 26, 2011

#suits

Few shows have grabbed my attention from the very first episode without prior knowledge of its existence, and made me an instant fan. They include:

- CSI: I caught the episode where passengers aboard a commercial airplane are questioned over the mysterious death of a fellow passenger. I saw so much potential for this show, mostly due to its use of computer simulations and special effects (I was right; it has now spawned two more titles, all of which are still airing).

- 24: I caught the 3rd season premiere and was caught up in the suspense. It had such a great concept (an entire season happening in real-time, each episode representing one hour of a day) and ever since then wanted to fill my day where I do something spontaneously significant each hour.

- How I Met Your Mother: I caught the episode How I Met Everyone Else when the main character, Ted, is introducing the woman he is dating to his friends. The episode itself was funny, and when I caught myself up with all of the episodes it was fun to watch it again and better appreciate the history of each character.

The latest "instant fan" moment happened last week, when I caught the series premiere of suits. Whether you have heard about it or not, this legal "dramedy" is definitely one to check out. A college dropout genius who never went to law school but passed the bar exam bumps into a top attorney looking for an associate. Impressed with his knowledge of the law, the attorney hires him and thus the series begins a fascinating journey of "two lawyers, one degree."

If you're still uncertain, watch the trailer (or just the pilot) and tell me your thoughts.


2 comments:

  1. Ok, Peter, I'm going to watch the Pilot. We'll see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My buddy Jason recommended this show on our latest podcast episode. Might have to check it out now.

    ReplyDelete