Thursday, December 29, 2011

A rant :)

You see me and think I'm not manly because I don't play ball with the boys.

I don't watch the game with the boys.

I don't drink beer with the boys.

And yet, when you're not with the boys…

I see how you treat her.

I see how you malign her, how you shut her up when she's about to say something, how you joke at her expense when she’s right in front of you.

You’ve made your mane your vice. Instead of a roar I hear silence. Instead of security I sense isolation. And Instead of joy I see tears trickle down to her half-broken smile.

Yes I'd much rather write a comforting note to tell a person they're loved than mock them as you so openly do. Even if that person is your own wife, girlfriend, or sister.

You see, you see me and think I'm not manly. And yet, what are you?


[Something I found tonight that's related - thoughts?]

The Deeper Strength of Masculinity from Desiring God on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment