Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Discerning Entertainment

"People say it's just entertainment. Do some research on the effects of television and your brain and I promise you you'll have a decision to make when it comes to television and especially with what you watch on television."

That was a quote from Angus Jones, current star on the sitcom Two and a Half Men. I think this is the most important news to come from Entertainment News lately (even more important than a Boy Meets World sequel, eek!). Also on a personal level while on my odyssey of navigating what entertainment means as defined by the world and how it should be redefined for Christians.

Nothing is never just anything. I have included this word in words I don't want to live by and I think for the most part this is true.

When we look at anything, particularly entertainment, and especially from a Christian perspective, we need to be very critical of what we are consuming. Our minds are actively working and we need to closely evaluate what we are seeing.

When the star of his own show is telling fans to stop watching it, that is a courageous statement to make. We should listen, and evaluate.


[This post is the spark of a series of reflections I will probably, maybe make over the next upcoming weeks]

No comments:

Post a Comment