Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Duel

Change.

Who likes change? And I don't mean the coins in your pocket, but the stuff life brings.

This episode saw Ted and Marshall fighting over who gets the apartment. The interesting part is discovering that there was a deeper issue than just "who got the apartment" but they tried to cover it up by taking over different parts of the apartment.

Eventually they get to the root of the issue, and each shares their fear of change. Something we can all relate with, right?


Of course this episode addresses the question of whether you should have your boyfriend or girlfriend move in with you. I think it's a bad idea. There's something sacred to keeping a boy's room a boy's room, for the simple fact that it "smells like dude." When a dude gets married, the idea should be that he ditches the boy stuff. Unfortunately this isn't always the case. If you've seen the movie Ted, you're familiar with the complexities of arrested development even in serious relationships.

When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. - 1 Corinthians 13:11

Growing up is a process, but don't let your future self worry about it. Do it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment